Photoshop sublimate nature Course
- Tariff in euros for 1 person,all taxes included
- Length of course: 3 hours
- Objective of the course: sublimate the images of nature
- Prerequisite: advanced use of Photoshop
- Other software required for this course: Nik Collection
- Video recording provided
(see description below for more details)
To book, select a date in green and click on it, then click on the schedule that will appearand finally click on the book button (follow the instructions to finalize your order)
This course is available in English and French
It will allow you to learn how to sublimate your images, in the style you can see in the examples under the course thumbnail. You can also find some "before / after" below in this description.
This course is aimed at advanced users of Photoshop, who already have a good knowledge of the software (layers, dynamic objects, blending masks, selections). If you do not master certain techniques, do not hesitate to contact me, to make a preliminary point.
You will work on photos taken in the forest, in the fall. This is the time when nature offers its magnificent colour palettes. This course will teach you techniques that will allow you to obtain results with a visual rendering that is "boosted" compared to the initial shot. You will learn how to create different atmospheres, by playing with light, colours, modifying the sky, or adding sun rays.
Course Content :
- Shooting: technique and advice.
- Sky replacement :
two techniques will be discussed:
- If you have a very recent version of Photoshop, the automatic sky replacement tool will be explained.
- You will also learn how to divert the sky in a "classical" way, using separation masks (preparation on an alpha layer). This technique is very efficient for selecting small elements. This will be the case here with the branches and foliage of trees.
- Colors :
Colours are one of the main elements to work with.
You will learn how to use several settings that affect them. The changes will sometimes be global, but most often localized. We will therefore use tools here to select areas of the image.
As you will have noticed by looking at the images illustrating this course, the general atmosphere is almost always modified from the basic image. You will learn how to create different moods, sometimes with global applications on the image, but more often by playing with lights and shadows in a localized way. The creation of rays of light, the dramatization of the sky, or the creation of mist, contribute strongly to the overall atmosphere. You will learn all these techniques, which will allow you to achieve the results you want.
- Filters :
You will discover in this course the use of several filters from the Nik Collection suite (see below the software section). Some of them contribute to work an atmosphere in a very simple way.
For this course, the Nik Collection suite will need to be installed on your computer.
If you don't have it, you can find a trial version, or buy a license on the DxO website.
Concerning Adobe Photoshop, the most recent version will have to be installed on your computer, if you want to approach the new automatic sky replacement tool. If you have an older version, sky replacement with a classic separation mask method will be covered during the course.
- This course consists of a theoretical part and a practical part. I will adapt and alternate these two parts according to your already acquired knowledge, and the techniques I will present to you.
- For the practical part, you will be guided through the image creation process, live during the videoconference, thanks to screen sharing.
- In order to optimise the duration of the course, I invite you to read the section "How the Photoshop course is run" on the page frequently asked questions.
- The image files for this course are provided.
Video recording :
This course is accompanied by a video recording.
It is recorded during the course and includes the key points. Also, depending on your specific needs, which will be assessed during the course, some additional points may be added to the video.
The video summary will be sent to you in MP4 format, by WeTransfer, after the course.
Some "before and after" examples:
Only logged-in customers who have purchased this product can leave a review.